Sunday, September 13, 2015

Photo-of-the-Week #228 Sunset over Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, January 2015


What can I say? I just love sunrises and sunsets and here's another example of a majestic sunset. I took this photo from one of the highest points in Los Angeles' Griffith Park, just below the Griffith Observatory. This was early evening, probably around 6:05 PM on January 8, 2015 to be precise.

There's not much to say about this photo. I think it speaks for itself. Nature projects its majesty even over a huge city and metropolitan area like Los Angeles. This view is, of course, looking out over the Pacific Ocean, which is not visible in the picture due to the buildings.

If you look carefully, you can see a blimp in the picture. I don't know if it was the Goodyear Blimp or some other advertiser's blimp, it was too far away to tell. But, I can honestly say it's been a while since I've seen a blimp. And, I can just imagine the view of the sunset over the Pacific from that blimp. Oh Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment