Sunday, September 6, 2015

Photo-of-the-Week #227 You Don't See This Everyday, LaVale, Maryland, September 2013


LaVale, Maryland is a suburb of Cumberland, Maryland in what's known as the "panhandle" in the western part of the state. It's about 22 miles north of my West Virginia base camp. As you can tell from the photos, this is the parking lot at the Walmart Supercenter and these are vehicles you won't see everyday.

I was in the LaVale (also spelled Lavale and La Vale, I can't be sure which is the most accepted) Walmart picking up some items for My McVansion that were not in stock in the New Creek, West Virginia store. When I came out to the parking lot, there was this unusual tow car and teardrop trailer. 


Obviously, the car was an antique and had been nicely restored. It reminded me of the old black and white, cops and robbers movies from the 1930's that either the police drove or the mobsters drove. Probably both when you think about it. The trailer appeared to be a homemade teardrop trailer. It looked to be built very sturdy, but it just didn't quite have that commercial "finish" to it.

I snapped a few photos and waited a short time to see if the owner(s) could fill me in on both vehicles. Alas, I couldn't wait all that long and they didn't return, so I never met the owners or had an opportunity to learn more about this RV arrangement one won't see everyday. It's just another example of the originality, uniqueness and individuality of the mobile lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment