Sunday, August 23, 2015

Photo-of-the-Week #225 New York From The New Jersey Palisades, Northern New Jersey, October 2013


This photo is self-explanatory. During the second of my two New Jersey 2013 treks, this one in October, I was again retracing many of the "footsteps" of my youthful days growing up in Northern New Jersey. The actual purpose for this trek was to attend a wedding on the eastern end of Long Island. I had completed that part of the journey just before I was back in Jersey and cruising up along the Palisades (fairly sheer cliffs on the northern New Jersey side of the Hudson River).

As the sign indicates one can see a lot from this overlook on the edge of the Palisades. While I was only about 15 miles from where I lived in Clifton, New Jersey as a kid, I didn't get to this specific overlook very often back then. I did spend more time a few miles further south in the Fort Lee and Palisades Park area of the Palisades with the summer job I had during the summer breaks while attending college.

You can tell by the fall colors that this was definitely that time of year. Despite the fact this region is one of the most densely populated parts of the U.S., there is still a lot of wooded area. Some of the views along the Palisades are spectacular during the fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment